Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Purpose

Each one of us has a God-given purpose.  For some of us like me, it takes a little longer to figure out what that purpose is.  I still haven't.  But I know I have one.  So for me, starting this blog is about finding my purpose and my way.

I am in the midst of depression.  Depression is genetic in my family.  In fact, it is officially called a brain disease, just like you might have heart disease, or cancer.  It can be situational or genetic.  In my case it is both.  I wander through years where I feel like the strong, powerful woman God designed me to be.  Then I wander into the slimy pit of depression.  Sleeping alot, not focusing well, you get the picture.  Well that is where I am today.  It's so not fun.  It's so, well, depressing.

So here is the good news.  God gives us new grace each day to face each day, just like he gave His people manna on a daily basis.  But we have to choose to grab hold of it each and everyday.  His grace is sufficient every day.  I will walk through this.  I have never felt stronger in my faith.  I know my God loves me and He walks with me through this journey.  As a friend told me, this depression could be considered "a thorn in my side, my cross to bear", much like the apostle John said he was plagued with.  I can carry it with God by my side.  He's on your side too.  Have faith in your journey.

Til next time,
Michele

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post. We are all given a purpose by God! Amen to that. Also, remember God is closest to us when our lives are the darkest. We just need to reach out and take hold of HIm.

    ReplyDelete