Friday, November 18, 2011

Staying Busy

It is one of the first things people will tell you when they find out you are suffering from depression.  Well there are some days you just can't make yourself do it.  Sometimes putting one foot in front of the other is too much.  However, today I cleaned most of my house, had a friend color my hair and baked cookies.  Truly I had to play "mind games" with myself.  I set the timer for 20 minutes and raced around working.  I would take a 5 minute break then go for 20 more minutes.  I got alot done in 2 hours, but by then I was wiped out.  If my friend wasn't here, I would have probably gone to bed and not finished.  Instead, she colored my hair and helped me finish up the cleaning.  Thank you to my good friend.

I ended up taking a 2 hour nap which was well needed, then got up and made cookies before the kids got home.  I actually feel a little accomplishment.  That in itself is an accomplishment.  I even walked for 20 minutes.

Maybe there is some truth to keeping busy.  It isn't always possible, but for me today it was.  I am grateful.

Relentlessly, M.

No comments:

Post a Comment